McAfee & Taft A Professional Corporation:
Report to the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
About the Report
Report released October 3, 2019
The law firm of McAfee & Taft has released a Report regarding its independent investigation into how the Catholic Archdiocese of Oklahoma City handled and responded to allegations of sexual abuse of minors by priests dating back to the 1960s.
The Report identifies 11 priests who faced substantiated allegations of sexual abuse of minors between 1960 and 2018.
The Report also includes several recommendations to the Archdiocese moving forward, some of which it has already implemented. The recommendations include:
- Engaging a qualified independent investigator to review allegations of sexual abuse of minors and report to the Archdiocesan Review Board
- Taking steps to improve recordkeeping regarding allegations of abuse
- Implementing a written record retention policy and acquiring a more robust recordkeeping system
- Publicly reporting the findings and actions of the Archdiocese when it makes decisions relating to allegations of sexual abuse of minors
- Clarifying that all Archdiocesan personnel should immediately report any concerns about the sexual abuse of minors